Spooky is a sweet love bug tortie, looking for a forever foster companion. She thrives when she has a buddy around to make her feel safe and comfortable. Shy at first but still curious, Spooky takes a few days to adjust to new spaces, but once she is in a space she trusts, her affection grows and she opens up to kindness and companionship. She loves napping by the window on cozy blankets, and will talk to her person when she wants some extra company. Spooky isn’t fully a lap cat, but with a dedicated human there, she wants to be close by for pets and brushing, and in time she may enjoy lap snuggles. She has her occasional playful spurts, but mostly prefers to hangout and chill throughout the day. She enjoys her people!
Spooky has a few issues that require some extra support and love:
Elevated kidney values
- She gets subcutaneous fluids every other day.
- Spooky eats a special diet to help with kidney values, a prescription Renal/HP formula.
- Spooky loves to have her fur brushed, which is necessary as she is unable to groom herself. It’s a bonding experience and she loves it.
- She eats and drinks from elevated bowls to help ease arthritis pain and aid in digestion.
- She is a social eater and loves company at mealtimes, and it encourages her to eat.
- Spooky uses her litter box with no issues, as long as it has clumping litter. She is not fond of non-clumping litter.
Spooky would do best in a foster home with a quiet environment and not a lot of action going on. She can integrate with other cats only as long as they don’t try to eat her food or play with her. If you’re able to provide love, attention and encouragement, and are looking for a sweet kitty to care for and love on, Spooky could be the forever foster for you! And Thundering Paws will be your partner in providing the support she needs.